Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Meal Must Go On! (Skit)

http://library.thinkquest.org/5291/skit.html

The Meal Must Go On !-A Lesson in CooperationThis skit takes place on Thanksgiving at the home of Grandma and Grandpa. There is a little arguing going on in the refrigerator, find out what happens....
Scene 1
(Thanksgiving morning at Grandma's and Grandpa's house. Preparations for the feast have gone on for days. Guests will be arriving soon.)(Scene opens inside fridge)
Narrator- It's early Thanksgiving morning. Grandma Josephine and Grandpa Joe are still asleep, and in the refrigerator the food is chatting.
Food- Hubbubing
Cranberry Sauce- I can't wait for dinner!
Turkey- But, I'm the traditional main dish! So I must be the best, in fact, I am the best!
Mashed Potatoes- Thanksgiving just wouldn't be the same without me! Mashed potatoes are always everyone's favorite!
Stuffing- Turkey, you think your so important! But you're nothing without me, the tasty stuffing!
Turkey- Tasty stuffing?! Even the dog, Sparky, doesn't like you!
Pumpkin Pie- You all think you're so important! They always save the best and the sweetest for last!
Cranberry Sauce-You're not the only one who can taste sweet, you know.
Mashed Potatoes-You guys may be sweet, but I'm the favorite!
Stuffing- Quiet everyone! Someone's coming!!

Scene 2
(Grandma opens the fridge door)
Grandma- Joe? Must be getting old. I could of sworn I heard some rustling in here!
Grandpa- You must be getting' old! Better start cookin'! The guests will be arriving soon.
Grandma- What do you mean, me?! Don't you mean, we!

Scene 3
Narrator- Later that day, the guests are arriving.
Grandpa- Josephine, I heard the doorbell!
Grandma- Go get it then! Don't leave 'em out in the cold!
(Guests enter open door)
All- Happy Thanksgiving!

Scene 4
Mom- Oh, it smells wonderful in here!
Dad- I'm starving!
(Sparky enters)
Sparky- Woof! Woof!
Grandpa- Even Sparky came. Look!
Grandma- Come in and sit down, dinner's almost ready.
Megan- Do you need any help in the kitchen, Grandma?
Rachel- I'll help, too!!!
Taylor- Are there any good football games on today?
Dad- We'll watch the games after dinner.
(Girls bring food to the table)

Scene 5
Narrator- Thanksgiving dinner is over, and it's time to compliment the cooking.
Taylor- That meal was great!
Sparky- Woof! Woof!
Rachel- Sparky thinks so too!
Grandma-Wasn't the turkey delicious!?
Grandpa- It's especially good with mashed potatoes!
Mom- The stuffing really goes well with the turkey!
Megan-The Cranberry Sauce ties it all together.
Dad-It just isn't Thanksgiving with out the pumpkin pie.

Scene 6
Narrator-The family went home and grandma and grandpa put the leftovers in the fridge.
Turkey-I guess I have to admit the dinner was pretty good because of all of us.
Stuffing- We do go together pretty well.
Mashed Potatoes- I got a little cranberry sauce mixed into me and you did taste pretty good.
Cranberry Sauce- Why, Thank you! You didn't taste too bad yourself.
Pumpkin Pie- Well, it goes to show you, that if you cooperate you can really put something great together.

http://library.thinkquest.org/5291/costumes.html Costume suggestions

http://library.thinkquest.org/5291/makeup.html Makeup tips

http://library.thinkquest.org/5291/skit.html#tips Stage tips

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home